"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." 3 Nephi 5:13

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Training Elder T !

    Hey everyone! I am now serving with Elder Tulikihakau from the kingdom of Tonga. I was really nervous coming into this transfer being with a brand new missionary, but I was calm and collected and hoped for the best! I had been praying for a humble, teachable and hard working, talkative missionary and I got it! We get along great and we work well together. I'm trying hard to get him comfortable with the area and our investigators so he can take the lead for a bit when I leave. I have a lot of respect for him. I feel greatly blessed to be his trainer and that the Lord has selected me to train him! I'm glad I have a good "son." He's going to do great things in this mission!

    Training is interesting! We wake up in the morning and exercise for a half hour. We are at our desk at 8:00 am and we study for one hour on our own. At 9 we take and do one hour of companionship study. After that we do an hour of language study and so I basically read him the Book of Mormon and take turns.. Like what we used to do in the mornings before school. I like it because I learn more as well. Then at 11 we take and do the 12-week training program for new missionaries! We eat lunch at 12 and then are out the door at 1:00. I'm really just trying to show him the area. I don't really feel like I'm training. I actually feel like he is helping me. I love the way it is.   I LOVE THIS WORK! I'm truly going to miss everything about this! I have grown to love every part about being a missionary!


    Well I love everyone of you and hope to have some great experiences this week with our investigators, because this week we did a lot of running around doing immigration stuff for new missionaries that I had to go through 2 years ago.
Take care!
Love Elder Aaron Hill