"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." 3 Nephi 5:13

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Daily Sowing

    Yesterday was Area Conference. It was great! We were able to hear from Elder Holland. He talked about the importance of observing the law of the fast, temple attendance and Sabbath attendance, along with tithing. He promised the area that we will have temples on the islands once they observe everything with exactness. An amazing promise. We also heard from Bonnie L Oscarson. She spoke about the importance of the family and it was amazing. Reminded me of my blessing. How it says that I'll defend the family on my mission field... exactly what has been happening. It was great to have the members here. There are about 300 on our roll but only 50-60 show up every week.

    S---- is really hard to see. We stop by quite often and every time she just states that she is busy with work and that she will call us. So most likely she has heard something about us from someone and is discouraged. I hope that's not the case so I'm keeping my chin up. L--- dropped us. I was really upset with that one. But as I walked back to our apartment I was calmed with the words of Alma 32:28. I know that the spirit was speaking to my soul. Faith is a seed. I planted the seed and hopefully the missionaries will catch the fish that got away. We win some we loose a lot, but the ones we catch are by far meaningful. He will accept it just now... I may not be in St. Lucia when it occurs but I sure hope so.

    I cannot believe how fast the weeks are going by. I love that I am losing myself still in the work and I can say I'm working hard every day because I don't want to be known as one of those missionaries that slacked off at the end of his mission. I actually asked Pres. Mehr if I could train a brand new green missionary. I believe it would help me work even harder. I feel that the first month is crucial. I had a hard time in the beginning, and I learned a lot my first few months that set the pace for my mission. I think that it would be great if I could help those young kids coming in to hit the ground running!