"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." 3 Nephi 5:13

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Voice of the Spirit

     So here is the most amazing thing an investigator said to me on my mission thus far... It was actually a text Tuesday morning. We had taught her the night before about the Restoration and the Book of Mormon! I challenged her to read the tract and get on her knees and ask God if it was true. She said she would. In return I told her that I was going to call her and see how it went. Well it was like 10:20pm and her phone was turned off. I kept my faith though that she kept her commitment. I went to bed and woke up to a text from her, saying "Hey Elder Hill, I did what you told me to last night and I received an answer from God." Whoa! I called her immediately and she answered. She told me that she knows that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith saw God! She mentioned that it was the best sleep she had had in her entire life! It was soo amazing to hear. Then Saturday when she was at the Celebration she leaned over to me and said " I quit my job, so I can come to church tomorrow and get baptized on the 10th of Jan." My jaw freaking dropped! I couldn't believe what I was hearing! My goodness she is great! She is by far one of the most unbelievable people I have ever taught. Quitting a job so that you can follow Heavenly Father! Oh GOSH!! I was soo happy! 

     Sunday she came to church!!! She told us that she loved it, except she doesn't like the music we sing! She likes the clap hands church's music. Revival music.. haha I showed her the scripture in Helaman 5:30 saying that the voice of the spirit is of perfect mildness and pierces to the very soul. It's not a voice of thunder or of great tumultuous noise. She got the hint that we can't feel the spirit as strong when we sing and dance at church. It was good for her to understand. I told her to give it a few more times and she'll love the way she feels!