"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." 3 Nephi 5:13

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

ST. LUCIA!

Guyana
Elder Strong and Elder Hill leaving Guyana
     
St. Lucia














     The area is Pretty cool! I live in the Mountains behind the Capital Castries. It's so beautiful! The Island is overall not as hot as Guyana was. There is a constant breeze blowing through which helps. Just look at our last name and you now know what the area is. HILLS!!! and not even hills it's like hiking to the top of Nebo every day... I love it but I'm sweating more than I was in Guyana! The first few days are always the hardest so I got through them and I'm sure it will be easy sailing now! The culture is crazy! Everyone speaks Haitian Creole (aka Patois). So you'll walk up to someone and say hello and all they know is Creole. So that was hard to get used to, but we found a lot of people that speak English. They have a really thick accent so it's harder to understand than anywhere else I've been. I thought the accent was tough in Guyana... nothing compared to St. Lucia! The food is exactly what it was in Grenada. Lots of breadfruit and banana. I was able to get a lot of work done in a half week. I am enjoying it and can't wait until we start seeing the line of baptisms. We finished the week with 47 contacts and 28 Lessons!

Elder Lawenitotoka and Elder Hill