"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." 3 Nephi 5:13

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Leaving South America...

Hey everyone!

    I'm flying out of the Country on Wednesday! President Mehr called Saturday morning around 8:00 am so it was really unexpected. He called and told Elder Smith first who would be replacing me, then Elder Smith handed over the phone and said Pres. wants to talk to you. I was like oh buddy... wha-gwan with me now! So he said Elder Hill "I'm going to send you to a beautiful Island... It's called St. Lucia! ..... I was like what the crap! Not what I was expecting but ok... He told me that I will be serving with Elder Lawenitotoka from Fiji.
     I'm going to be in the Castries branch in the hills... so a lot of hiking and walking up the mountain... but that's all good cause I'm getting fat from all the roti and curry I've been fed in the past like week because I've been telling people I'm leaving!!! I should have been doing that like 3 months ago... Dinner appointments are the best!







I do want to tell all of you about a cool experience I had with prayer this past week while I was on a trade off with a missionary:

    I was feeling down.. almost like I was supposed to find someone in this certain area but I didn't know where they were... so after much contacting and walking up and down the street, I decided to get off my bike and pray. I said "Father help me find this person that will accept our message, I will contact the first person I see as long as they are prepared!"  I turned around on a prompting and it was a young girl. I was like well after I'm done with this house I will go talk to her. 

    I finished up with the contact and walked back to my bike and she was gone.... Ah man! So I got on my bike and started to ride down the street looking for her. I looked into one house and saw her because she was wearing a weird color dress I couldn't forget. I realized that as my opportunity and went for it. Well I walked to her house down the little path over 2 x 4's laid on the ground as a path so they wouldn't get their feet all muddy. Her mom met me at the door and invited us in with her cousin and 6 daughters! I knew that this was the family I had prayed for! They are Prepared!!! We finished the lesson and I invited them to be baptized on the 27th of December. They all accepted with the understanding that they need to receive and answer first. They are simply one of the coolest families I've taught. 
   Elder Smith and I have been able to go back since then and follow up on the commitments I had left. They had prayed and read the Resto Tract... What! They remembered everything that was taught! We went by the next day or so and followed up on the Book of Mormons we placed with them and they read and prayed about it! I was so excited because they started teaching me about Moroni and how he showed Joseph Smith where the plates were and how Mormon abridged them... I was completely blown away with all of the stuff they had done over the space of like a day.
   We invited them to church and this was their reply..." Of course were coming to church... we have to go and be faithful so we can get baptized!" Oh my goodness these people are the family I have been looking for my entire mission! They all came to church on Sunday, early and sat and listened to the entire block! They are so amazing! They are keeping all of their commitments! Ahh It is truly such an amazing experience that I have been praying for. I won't be here for their baptism, which kinda sucks... but man I will always remember that!

Prayer is real! I am really starting to understand that God really does listen to our prayers and hears our cries! I'm grateful that he does listen and understands what we are going through! I'm grateful for the Atonement that Jesus Christ performed and how we can be cleansed and sanctified through this perfect gift that was given. I'm grateful for the service I'm giving. Guyana will have a special place in my heart, and I can't wait to share my love with God's children in St. Lucia!

Well I love you all and hope you have a great week!







FAREWELL  GUYANA <3