"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." 3 Nephi 5:13

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Trinidad - Mission Leadership Conference



  This past week was such a spiritual Roller Coaster for me! It was so great to fly to Trinidad for a Mission Leadership Conference for 3 days. It was fun seeing elders I haven't seen for awhile. We were edified and instructed by my leaders and taught more of the Doctrine, and found out ways that I can effectively use my time to help the missionaries around me in my zone and how we can balance our efforts to sustain and achieve real growth! (reactivation, retention, and convert baptisms).

   We learned a lot about Alma 26:5 “Behold, the field was ripe, and blessed are ye, for ye did thrust in the sickle, and did reap with your might, yea all the day long did ye labor; and behold the number of your sheaves! And they shall be gathered into the garners, that they are not wasted.” We are the workers of the Lords vineyard. The sheaves in this analogy represent newly baptized members of the Church. The garners are the holy temples. Elder Neal A. Maxwell explained: “Clearly, when we baptize, our eyes should gaze beyond the baptismal font to the holy temple. The great garner into which the sheaves should be gathered is the holy temple.” It is a place of safety and protection for the people who accept the covenants of the gospel. I know that the temple is so so important and that we can't be exalted with out it. I miss the temple so much but I know that as I teach the people here about it, they will be more excited and willing to stick with their covenants. 

I'm grateful for the spirit I felt throughout the conference. It was simply amazing! I loved it!