"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." 3 Nephi 5:13

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Teaching and Finding

   Well this past week was really good for me. I was able to have the chance to go on two trade-offs. First I went with Elder Sheen early in the week. It was a lot of fun and quite interesting to see how similar some elders teach. I looked back and realized I teach a lot like my companions. But it was great to see him teach and be an example of love to the people in my area for the day. He is super cool, he shares a lot of the same interests as me... so hunting and fishing. It's really good when you have no problems in communicating, something that is a life long skill and ability that will bless my life.  

   So we had a really good lesson with a family that lives in Queenstown.  It is going pretty slow but I feel that it will get easier. We are going over fairly often and are seeing some success with them. They ask very inspired questions that always apply to the lesson. The other day we were teaching about Baptism and M---- asked how he can know if the person that will baptize him has the priesthood. It was neat to see the Spirit work on him as he asked questions that were deep in his soul. It was a really great lesson. 

   Something cool that happened this past week as we were teaching a family and helping them understand more about the Law of Chastity. They accepted everything very well and the spirit was really strong. We asked S---- to say the prayer. He kind of acted like he wanted to but was just really timid to do so. Elder Smith started to say things that he could pray for, and what do you know, he followed what he was saying and so Elder Smith just kept going with it. He finished the prayer and was so excited that he prayed in front of us. He was so excited that he is persisting to pray every time now. It was such a miracle to see. That was probably the highlight of my week.  
I love being a missionary! And I love the people here in Guyana!
Love you all!
Elder Hill