"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." 3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, October 27, 2014

Good and Evil

   I was thinking this past week that I want to share my feelings on the Restoration with you. I am always just so amazed how the spirit feels as I talk about Joseph Smith and the Priesthood. I know from the bottom of my heart, ever since I started my mission. I talk about it every day, and I just know by the way I feel that it is true with out a doubt. I just think, how could it be false. I ran into a lady the other day at a restaurant. She was white and from Georgia. It was super tough. I have never been turned down so hard in my life. She tried to tell us some anti mormon nonsense. But anyway... I took a thought back after she bashed my faith for an hour and had some doubts. I was seriously down, and thinking why am I even out here, what’s the point. Then I realized I'm listening to the Devil. The lady had just enough convincing to get me to listen to Satan’s lies and Bam.... But later, we started teaching the Restoration to some people we found and Bam I was out of the trance and knew again that Joseph Smith Restored the Church Of Jesus Christ. I then remembered the Standard of Truth. And a calm hit my soul. I love the Church and I will never ever leave it! It's changed my life and I'll never forget it!

   We've been having a hard time seeing a certain family and felt that something wasn't quite right. S---- has been talking to his brother in the states and is discouraged for several reasons.  He told us that he does not want to get baptized anymore and if it does happen it will be Gods will and it's wont be for a while. He has requested that we only see him once every few weeks or so. His neighbors have also been accusing us of crap. Oh my goodness... Satan is really at work with him. I can tell that he would really be able to make an amazing impact on the Branch and in the Church, just by the way people are reacting and how hard Satan is working. It's breaking my heart to see someone so prepared be so downtrodden by the works of man and is now so frightened that he doesn't even want to talk with us. Well in my heart I know he will one day accept but I just hope and pray it will be in this life. I know the Gospel is true! I know that Baptism is only the first step that we must take in order to live with Heavenly Father Again. I know that with out any doubt. I absolutely know and feel that I'll be able to live with God again as I do all that I can to live His gospel. In the words of Nephi in the Book of Mormon (2 Nephi 25:23), "we are saved by grace after all we can do!"  Repentance is Key! If we never repent we wont be clean.. therefore we will never be able to inherit the kingdom of God! Repentance is simply put -- the BEST!


Well family I love you but that's all I have this week! Take care!


Love Elder Hill