"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." 3 Nephi 5:13

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

18 Months Downk!

Here is some more Guyanese Lingo for you...Downk is a term for down. Like, " Come Nah Buddy... Sit Downk!" Oh man I really think that the Caribbean slang is the best language ever!

General Conference BABY!!! Ah man I love this time of the year. The statement that Mormons love meetings is true I guess or I am just super old in my mission, because it means that I don't have to be standing up or riding my bike but I can just sit down and listen to the Spirit and eat some really good food that the Poulsons made us. Pancakes, eggs, bacon, and TACO Soup!!!   It was a pretty good weekend. My favorite talks were from Elder Godoy and Elder Bednar in the Sunday afternoon session. Along with Elder Christofferson in the Saturday morning. So all in all it was a pretty sweet conference but My all time favorite was Elder Godoy.. It brought a lot of peace and a lot of answers to my soul of things that have been stressing me out over the past few weeks. I love how everyone feels the spirit differently and receives different answers. It truly shows that God knows us all individually and listens to our prayers!


I always love the time of year when conference is on and the spirit is so thick you can just about cut it with a knife. It's a really amazing feeling when you have basically all of your investigators come to the sessions of General Conference. S------ and his family came. It was such a special sight to see him with his family and for them to have a good experience when Elder Bednar directed his talk to the non-members. I feel it had a great impact and answered a lot of his questions. I could go on and on and on about the wonderful responses about the things that our investigators told us after the different sessions but it would take too long so I'll just say that my heart was warm and I just wanted to hug everyone! haha

I have really been doing a lot of pondering for the past few weeks. I have been looking at the time that has gone by and looked at the lessons I have learned. It's crazy to think that I only have 6 months left and that I need to make the most of them.

Well I hope that everyone back home isn't freezing to death! Cooler weather is on its way for the both of us! Hallelujah for me and ahh shunks for you! :>)   I just want to let everyone know that I love you and if I sometimes don't write to you specifically... it's not because I don't love you but it's just I don't have anytime for myself. Mondays are the best when I find out what is going on! Make a list of questions you can ask me and we'll talk in three months! Loves ya

Elder Hill!

Flashback:  October 2012 - ready to turn in mission papers