"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." 3 Nephi 5:13

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Trip to Suriname

Hello everyone! It is very hot here about 34 degrees C (94 °F) plus the humidity, so I'm really trying to stay hydrated and not get any heat exhaustion... it freaking sucks to be biking your guts out and then be expected to sit downk... yes they add a k to that word here... and to teach a full lesson with out sweating... it just can't be done! haha

I got my driving permit a few weeks ago. Since I'm not a citizen of Guyana I can only qualify for a drivers license for a month... then I have to go renew it for another month.. until I leave Guyana. This past week I actually got to drive to Suriname. It took simply put... FOREVER! We left at 2:30 in the morning... so like a normal group of boys would do.. lets just pull an all nighter and just not go to sleep. So Elder Larson, Strong, Dom, and myself stayed up all night long and then left for Suriname at 2:30 am. Haha not a good Idea.. I realize now how much dad wants to sleep when we go on long trips after he didn't get a lot of sleep... so props to you dad because that was a difficulty level of like 20 out of 10... :) I will never do that again. We got there about 7:00 am and then took a big ferry over the river and got our passports stamped so that we can stay in Guyana for another 3 months. Then we drove back... tired as crap... so we got back in Georgetown at 6:00 pm, so it was a long day for me... and I was sacked out in a lesson and didn't even notice. haha E. Smith thought it was pretty funny.

















Well we have really been pushing the area hard! We had about 25 lessons this week, which I feel is really good because we started from the bottom of the teaching pool. We have about 12 new investigators that are super cool. We really enjoy teaching them. And they all live fairly close to one another, which makes teaching really nice.

Yesterday we had 110 at church which is super good! We have really been working hard trying to get the attendance up and I feel it is working! Interesting how if you love the lord... you will love the people and it is just automatic how things start to work in your area.