"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." 3 Nephi 5:13

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Capitol of Guyana - Georgetown is HUGE !



Well Hello everyone back home in Murika!!!! :)

I'm doing well here and I am absolutely lovin
g Georgetown and being with E. Smith, which makes missionary work sooo much easier. We are working hard and really getting to know the area good and finding new people to teach.




   I really enjoy my apartment! It it really nice because it has HOT WATER!!! It's pretty small in size but makes up for it in comfort... we live below the Poulsons and they are great by the way!
As zone leaders, we get to deal with the problems of the missionaries in the two districts we are over. It's a really fun job, we get to have a lot of conferences over skype and then this next week or so I will be flying to Trinidad for a Zone Leader conference which will be super fun! It will be about 4 days long so I'm excited to do that!

   There are 400 members but only 100 show up to church. There are two districts and we serve in the biggest district and the biggest area in Guyana... so that means lots of less actives to find and reactivate. I won't get bored here... tons of stuff to do and lots' of people to see! haha


   Something that I love about Guyana ... Everyone is big into sports... mostly Cricket and Football (Futball) but they are always playing on the street! So Elder Smith and I saw some older kids like 16 and 17. We decided to play a game of soccer to 3 goals - if we win they have to come to church and if we loose we give them copies of the Book of Mormon. They agreed! we won! ... against kids that do this everyday. 3-1! haha its funny... the sad thing is they didn't come to church but we did get everyone's phone number and address to go teach them and their families!   So it was a pretty fun finding activity. 

 Georgetown - Population 240,000