"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." 3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, July 14, 2014

Blessings and Baptisms


Hey everyone! 

    I had a pretty good week! I loved it. For the 4th of July, the Poulsons (senior couple) invited us over to their house and we ate Hawaiian haystacks. YUM! and then they had an American flag cake.. haha Ah Merica! It was really fun.     


Diamond Branch
Missionary work here is a lot more laid back than the islands and Trinidad... which is not good... You can tell in the missionaries that they feel like they don't have to be as obedient to mission rules.. but man not me... We're baptizing, so rules are blessings. I wish the other missionaries could catch the fire of the work and start working like a busy little bee, because I'm working my bum off!   

Which reminds me.. I haven't really told you but we have been working with a young 15 year old boy named W----. He is great and has a strong desire to get baptized. He has a very sweet spirit about him...I can feel he will do great things in the future of the church. He lives in a little shack right by the rum distillery, but ya dude! I love him a lot! He is going to have Bro. Boyce (branch mission leader) baptize him on Saturday. 


   We had 8 investigators at church on Sunday!!! with 82 at sacrament! That's a lot! I thought that was really sweet! These people are just so prepared.  Hopefully we will have 2 more baptisms on the 26th. I think it is so cool being down here! 

   I never thought that I would love being on a mission so much.. but I really do! I thank Heavenly Father every night for letting me have all of these wonderful opportunities! I'm so grateful for all the blessings I'm receiving in my life and all of the blessings I can see happening in your lives back home! I know for a fact that if we listen to the prophet's voice and keep our covenants we will be blessed beyond reason! I love this gospel so much and I love these wonderful countries in the West Indies!

I love you all,
Elder Hill