"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." 3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Skype

    Hey everyone, Well I just want to tell everyone that the Skype session went by so so so so so fast! It was really crazy to me how it just whizzed by and now I look back on it feeling like it never even happened! Pretty Crazy how the Lord puts things out of your mind and helps you focus back on the work! I really enjoyed talking to everyone! It made me super happy after and It just really made me relax a little bit from all the stress I've been going through. 


    Well this past week was good any way! We were able to set dates with 4 People! First we set a date with two ladies. A---- had a date but missed it because she wouldn't come to church. So we re-set it for the 31st of this month. Next is a girl named M----a. Her date is for the 7th of June. She is really funny. She always says she's never sinned so she doesn't have to repent... but we're working with her. Next are two really cool guys.... T---- and K----. T---- is 21 and really wants to change. He has told us there are things that he feels really bad about and wants to be good with God again. He set a date for the 7th of June.

     We just started teaching K---- on Wednesday. He told us he doesn't like going to his church because they back bite and are all hypocrites. He is really amazing to me because he is just very humble. We taught him about the Restoration! We went all the way through and then invited him to be baptized on the 7th of June by someone holding the Proper Authority of Jesus Christ. He immediately said I'll accept that date and once I find this is true I'll be baptized. It was great! We invited him to come to church and he was like okay, I'll do it. We woke up yesterday morning and went and walked with him and his two nieces to church. He told us after service, that he really feels like this is the Church where God wants him to be. He is excited to come again and continue learning from us. Ahh man HE IS THE BEST! There is just something about teaching potential Priesthood holders. There is just such a power and great feeling when we do! So that was my other highlight of the week besides seeing you all on Skype. :)

    I love teaching people that are easy to teach.. but I will say again, that it breaks my heart when they don't accept what we teach! I do know that another missionary will have a chance to teach them but it's just hard to face rejection.