"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." 3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, April 7, 2014

Zone and General Conference

   Man...Zone Conference in Barbados was AWESOME!  Our flight was at 9:20 pm, with a stop at St. Vincent.  It was pretty sweet!  I love plane rides!!  :)  The conference was on working our way to exaltation. 

   Then, 3 days later...General Conference was super spiritually uplifting!  I thought Dallin H. Oaks talk during the Priesthood Session was AMAZING! I loved how he told all of the priesthood brethren to know and understand that women are just as important in the priesthood as men are!  In fact the priesthood wasn't fully restored until the Relief Society was established!  I liked Elder Bednar's talk as well.  It's hard for me to give one of my favorites because they all touched me in a special way!  It was great to receive so much personal revelation for things that I could be doing better in my own life.  I had some questions that I was seeking answers to going in to conference. I received my answer like a freaking typhoon!  Stay Faithful, Have Courage, Be Strong, and Work like Crazy!  That was the thought given to me by the spirit telling me that I just need to do my best, God will always lift us when we need lifting and He will always comfort us when we need comfort!  I love the gospel so so much and I would not trade it for anything in the world!

  I'm going to take the advice of M. Russell Ballard and share with you all what I have been learning in my studies of this wonderful Gospel. I have been learning from the Book of Mormon that Preparation is the best thing that we could ever be doing! Maybe not for war or for our next big test, but that which is only attainable in a spiritual sense... A TESTIMONY! As I have been reading in the book of Alma 47:9-18 Amalickiah is trying to take the chief leader position... He is tempting Lehonti to lower his standards and at first Lehonti is not budging... but after a few attempts from Amalickiah... Lehonti finally gives in and lowers his standard and is eventually poisoned by degrees. Now the importance of having a strong testimony comes into play here! Satan will surely poison us by degrees slowly and painfully... So if we have a strong testimony in this gospel, and stay faithful to what we believe in, we won't be poisoned but have everlasting life. I'm done with Alma now but it's probably one of my favorite books!