"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." 3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, March 3, 2014

Loving the Work

Hey everyone! It's really hot in this little computer shop! haha I'm sweating like crazy!

This past week has been BOSS! So last week we had 3 investigators with baptismal dates...now we have 6... I
'm pretty stoked!

We had 5 investigators at Church yesterday! That's the most I've ever had on a single Sunday in my entire mission. It was super cool. All of the people we're teaching are really literate too which makes it super nice to teach them from the BOM because they know how to read already. They really understand that we are representatives of Jesus Christ here and know that our goal is to baptize them. We have been inviting these people early for baptism... (first or second lesson) and it seems to be working well...we have also been trying to make daily contact with them which also helps build a relationship and lets them know they can trust us.

We went to see the F----- family. We taught about the BOM and helped them understand the importance of reading every day! They understand now and they told us that they cant wait to get baptized on the 22nd. It was a super good feeling again to know that I have been able to find and help prepare one of God's prepared children for this restored gospel. I still find it so amazing that when Christ can't come...he sends us!

I went on trade offs with Elder Dohrman... previous Assistant to the Pres. He is the zone leader on Grenada. It was a lot of fun being with him. We got a lot of work done and saw a lot of people. I asked him what I could be doing differently in my work and he said well i can't tell you that but i can tell you what i admire. He told me he just is amazed how much he can see the love that flows out of me and into the people. He said keep loving the people like that and you'll see success in the field. He is a great help to me and is super cool. He is from Washington. He'll be leaving to go home next transfer so in May... but I'm going to learn so much from him!

The people love to eat something called oil down... it's like a gumbo of fish, chicken, okra, and provision
(starchy vegetables and fruits) ...it's not my favorite but it's tolerable. I did get to try Sword fish and Marlin btw and it was so so so stinking good!!! Oh man it was BOSS!!! Conch is pretty good too!

Thats all the time i have today but i love you all and hope you're doing good!

Love Elder Aaron Hill