"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." 3 Nephi 5:13

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Hot and Cold



Here at home we have had some heavy snow storms and cold temperatures in the single digits. 
But in Tobago....

ARGYLE  FALLS



















   Well I'd just like to start off by rubbing in some warm weather! It is 85 degrees and real humid! haha like always! I'm used to it now though! At the start of my mission you probably could have made the ocean raise an inch or so with how thick of a stream of sweat was coming off my face! Now I'm acclimatized and it feels actually quite nice! It's also the rainy season and we are getting a lot of rain!

Cool missionaries that are on fire....

E. Christensen and I have been getting along great! He is a super hard worker and he LOVES DUCK DYNASTY, hunting and fishing and camping!!! OHHH YAA!!! It's been so fun the past few days! He knows how to be serious and knows how to be sensitive and spiritual. He has only been out for 3 months but he is very smart and follows the spirit very close. Obedience and Diligence are our goals! This past week we have been doing a lot of contacting! We have been finding a lot of new investigators to teach and we have slowly been increasing our teaching pool! We have found some really awesome people that we see some amazing potential in! I will say that being a District Leader is pretty much baptism by fire. You just have to learn as you go and adjust your life to the new standards!

Elder Hill and Elder Christensen

We have been having a man named L---- fix the car. After the radiator was put in the corolla he came up to us and said..."Elders, I have been meaning to ask you some questions about your church. And I'm pretty interested about what you guys teach so will you come and teach me?"... MY JAW JUST ABOUT HIT THE GROUND! It was so awesome! We told him we would love to come by and teach him. So we set an appointment to visit him the next day around 1:00pm. We got there a few minutes late and then he told us that he was swamped with work, and that if we could teach him as he worked he would appreciate it. So we did. He asked some awesome questions about how people are going around and performing miracles. He told us that something wasn't sitting right with him, and I told him it's because God is not in it. He replied...what do you mean? I said, Well in order for it to be a God given act, God's authority has to be present. He replied... How does a man get the authority. I then told him, It's given to him by someone holding it. It was a really long discussion and I could totally tell that it wasn't my words. It was a pretty cool experience and I see some great potential in him.