"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." 3 Nephi 5:13

Saturday, October 12, 2013

BuMp Day!

Hey everyone!! I just celebrated my 6 month mark!! It really does seem just like yesterday I was getting kicked out the door and told to not look back. But I'm glad I did it and It has been a lot of fun and a great change for me. I have grown a lot in the past six months. I feel like a completely different person and I'm excited to see how much I've grown when I make it back to the states. 












I survived a 6.1 earthquake! It was actually freaking awesome! We were talking on the phone Friday night at around 10:15 pm (so 8:15 pm your time). As I was talking to E. Reyes in Chaguanas, we hear "oh my gosh do you feel the earthquake?"...we're like no...then it wasn't 10 seconds, and our apartment starts shaking. We start screaming and I start looking for something to climb under... then it ended! It was pretty crazy and has been quite interesting talking to everyone and hearing their story. No damage was done surprisingly but it was a pretty cool experience. Quite the way to wrap up 6 months - right?
(Earthquake was off the coast of Venezuala; about 50 miles west of Port of Spain, Trinidad)