"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." 3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, September 30, 2013

Ocean Baptisms!

 Things here in Tobago are looking up....After 7 months, finally a baptism! Elder Linton had to pull her back because the first time she didn't go all the way under. She came out of the water screaming, 'Mommy'.


Elder Peterson and Elder Hill




   























     
Our evening baptism was scheduled for about the same time as the sunset. I was asked to do the baptism...I was very excited and pretty nervous. It was a great experience. I felt the spirit really strong all day and it was just great to feel Heavenly Fathers love for me for so long. I know I am in the right place at the right time doing what God has intended for me to do...finding my buddies and bringing them in to the fold.
















The less active family I have been praying and fasting for came to church! The mom asked for some scriptures so they can start having daily scripture reading. Another member I was fasting for came to church and stayed for the whole block; he also wanted some scriptures. My testimony of fasting has definitely changed and will never be the same again. I love fasting and I can't wait till next month. We also had 48 at church and 18 Priesthood holders - 6 Melchizedek! That's really good for this area.

I'm pretty excited for
General Conference this Saturday and Sunday! We get to watch it live here and so that makes it even better!