"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." 3 Nephi 5:13

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Beautiful Island of Tobago

Well Everyone, I landed safely on the small island off of Trinidad, called Tobago....We were flying in a big twin prop and it was really awesome! It was only a 20 min flight and i talked to a really neat lady on the plane. She was on a connecting flight to Manchester England and so she had a Trini/British accent and it was actually pretty fun to listen to her talk. I taught her the restoration and she was like that was so wonderful. I invited her to pray about what i shared when she got a moment and to also read about the Restoration booklet i was going to leave with her..she flat out told me no... because she's Roman Catholic. (What a stonch ol' lady! haha)  Didn't talk much after that.

Tobago Church
Well E. and S. Linton picked me up from the Airport and i love them to death. They were actually in Chaguanas for a time just when i got there, then they traded places with the Blacks, another senior couple that was in Tobago for a time but then came to Trinidad. I loved the Lintons so much in Chaguanas, they were like my 'you guys' only real far away from home. They dropped me off at the Apartment and I met Elder Peterson. The apt. is right on the mountain side of Scarborough, overlooking the Atlantic ocean. It is absolutely breath taking. The Water is Beautiful. O yeah, it's got A/C baby! It's way nice and really cool. No fans needed.



 
Nice Apartment (sunny and no window bars)

 
We will be getting a car on Friday. And so it will help a lot because most of the members live outside of our walking distance. We had a branch party on Friday and it went well. Thirty members showed up and it was tons of fun.. I participated in the pudding eating contest with Sister Linton. I pretty much won hands down... two gulps and it was gone. She got it all on her face - i got it all in my mouth... ;)  





Sister Linton and Elder Hill




















Egg Toss Game