"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." 3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, August 19, 2013

Awesome Week!

This past week was super awesome! We had Zone Conference on Wednesday...I loved it and it was exactly what I needed to boost my spirits and have a greater love and appreciation for the Lord's work.  I have had a really great week and i also received a partial transfer call.  I was told directly from Pres. Mehr that I will be leaving Chaguanas, but he can't tell me where I'm going!

Saturday we had a service project for some of the members that are bed ridden in our branch. It was way fun but super dirty and itchy.  I look like a boss using the weed whacker!



Anil had a great time at the YSA overnight camp. His testimony is really growing.  He has given us a referral. He also came with us when we taught a lesson to a less-active. As we go with members, it brings a sense of fellowship and someone to trust. As they see the missionaries, they remember how they felt when they were learning and how they felt at the waters of baptism.  They remember the song of redeeming love!


Another beautiful Caribbean sunset! 

So here's what my day is like:  I wake up at 6:30 and exercise (go running with comp), shower, then it's study time at 8:00 am. We study until 10 and we're out the door! We pack our day pretty full and we hope we get fed; most of the time we don't but we take breaks and get snacks. yummy, yummy brownies are my favorite!   Yesterday I ate a new type of food...it's called Sawine (Sa-wine). It is a Muslim food and it tastes a little like mom's rice, cinnamon, and sugar but it's noodles instead...kinda weird but good.

Today we traveled down to San Fernando to play sports with the South and Central Zones.  We played American football.  It was a lot of fun...and since I probably won't see most of the elders again on my mission, I enjoyed it a lot!


I don't really have time to tell you all of the miracles I'm experiencing out here in the mission field.  I'm writing in my journal every night, and haven't missed a day.  Aren't you proud mother dearest ;)     
Well, I'm out of time. I love you all very, very much.  I always look forward to Mondays so that I can hear your voices...well, in my head! 

Elder Hill









A KISS FOR YOU ALL!