"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." 3 Nephi 5:13

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Two Weeks at the MTC

Missionaries spend most of their time at the MTC going to classes, meetings, and devotionals to help them be prepared to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ to the people around the world.  It is hard to be away from home and loved ones, but it is such a faith and testimony building experience.  They really learn to rely on the Lord for help and comfort.        

Walker and Aaron

Elder Hill has felt the Spirit teaching him about faith.     "I have prayed for a way that I can express my faith to God.  A sister came into our class and asked me to give her a blessing.  As I gave her the blessing, I felt so warm; I can't remember what I said besides that the Lord knows what is best for her at this time.  Funny how the Lord works when we're least expecting it!  It was a real testimony builder to me."



One of the two districts going to the WIM


He especially drew strength from the devotionals. They were privileged to have Elder Richard G. Scott come.    "He gave us a blessing of peace and comfort and said that we are here for a reason...the Lord is hastening his work.  He talked about prayer and how we don't always receive answers immediately.  We need to have patience and trust that He will answer them in some way. Wow!  That's what I needed to hear.  When the sister giving the prayer started to walk to the pulpit, Elder Scott jumped up again and said, "I haven't finished!"  He then went on for another 5 minutes saying that our calls were inspired from the Lord and that He wouldn't give us something we couldn't do.  He then stated that God gives us things to succeed in...not to fail at. Powerful!"